We are hiring!
We are currently hiring for voice and piano teachers. Any other instrument knowledge and expertise is a bonus! Information is below:
Forte Music School is located in the center of Bethany Village in West Portland. We are looking for both part-time and and full time motivated teachers who are available to teach private piano, voice, guitar and violin and drum lessons. If you are a dedicated team player looking for longevity in your teaching career, this is the place for you!
Forte Music School students and their families tend to come to us for music lessons for the long-haul. Some of our families have been with us for over 10-years! We encourage our teachers to be here long term and and we support their growth and development however we can. You would be teaching alongside seven other teachers in the school (voice, piano, composition, drums, guitar, violin), so being a team player is a must! Please see below for further details about the position.
Job Details and Requirements
Required Qualifications: Undergrad degree, or working toward your undergrad degree (preferably in music), some experience teaching private music lessons
Full time teacher: In general teachers 4-5 days a week from 3:00-8:15 (hours vary just a bit). Usually within about 6 months your schedule would be almost full during those hours.
Part-Time teacher: flexible hours between hours of 3:00-8:15 M-F, pending on your availability and time and the instrument(s) you teach.
Summer hours: Summer hours are limited, but are a great opportunity to build your studio to start Fall with a. full schedule. Summers we are open 2-7pm T, Th and 10am-2pm and 3pm-7pm on Wednesday. Teachers pick their schedule during the summer.
- Teach music to students while upholding the highest standards in performance and teaching practices
- Arrive on time for your lessons and show up to work regularly and consistently. This is a must!
- Be in accordance with school policies and procedures and ensure that students and parents do the same
- Participate in any faculty meetings and workshops as advised by the director (these usually happen once a semester)
- Be a part of team of teachers and collaborate with ideas for teaching, workshops, activities for students, etc.
- Be up to date on current skills and teaching methods for your instrument.
- Provide input to the director about teaching materials, workshops and other opportunities to better serve Forte Music School students.
- Maintain student records and files as requested.
You get bonus points if you:
- Are able to play/teach multiple instruments
- Are active in curriculum development and furthering your education
- Have knowledge of music technology programs (Garageband, Noteflight, etc)
- Have the ability to communicate well and have a positive attitude
- Are a member of OMTA/NMTA or other organization specific for your instrument
- A competitive wage with room to grow based on performance and longevity at the school
- Administrative support including scheduling, billing, studio policy enforcement
- Basic office supplies and support
- A supportive and friendly atmosphere to develop your teaching studio
Please send your resume and cover letter via email (email@example.com) or drop it by the school. Please also check our website for more information about Forte Music School (fortemusicschool.com).